I’ve been doing a lot of work around our first home the last few years; it’s nice that the gardens are finally coming together. This year in particular, I finally got to plant some sunflowers.. a little later in the season, but non the less super big stocks shot out of the ground! I can’t believe how tall they’ve gotten; they have to be over 10 feet tall now, not in bloom yet but a couple of them are really close to blooming.
I really wasn’t sure if the seeds would even have enough time to germinate and take because of the timing that I planted them, I’m definitely pleasantly surprised at the out come.
Thanks for stopping by fam,
Until next time ❤
The birds say not to mind the mess, today is cage cleaning day. lol
So first I built the frame, I used some filler as well just to fill the screws in so I could paint over them.
then time to seal and paint.
Once the painting was all done it was time to put the netting up. I decided to use a plastic material, it’s meant as deer fencing, but I used it on our Catio so I figured it’d work perfect for this project, and it did.
Once the cage was finished I moved onto a tray for the inside, for that section unfortunately I didn’t take pictures at that stage. I designed this tray to stay inside the cage, I just preferred that, using a corrugated plastic and sealed the seams with caulk.
For cleaning I just take the flock out and put them on their perch while I clean it and just use a vinegar water solution to clean it up.
Completely in love with this cage set up; Mo and Luna definitely seem very pleased with it as well.
Thanks for stopping by guys,
until next time ❤
The daily paw crew ❤